Monday, February 6, 2012

Italy Gets Iced.

So, you may be wondering where I've been. Off on some whirlwind adventure? The back of a Vespa with an Italian man? Taken and currently being rescued by Liam Neeson?

I kind of wish for any of the above, but actually - just stuck in my apartment. This is one of the biggest snow storms Italy has seen in a really long time (around fifty years, according to Filiberto). For all of you in Indiana and Kentucky, I already know how nice the weather is there. Be a dear and don't leave a taunting comment.

The city is covered with this white stuff, we had to cancel our excursion on Friday, and school was cancelled today (SNOW DAY!!! No three hour Italian class!). Our site director has been absolutely fabulous, checking in on us every day, making sure we have enough food in our apartment. We made a trip to the Coop this morning to stock up for the next couple of days, since there is more snow expected tonight, and so did half the town. Seriously, it was getting crazy in there. It's like the world is ending.

There is relatively little to report, since I literally didn't get dressed all weekend (to cold to go anywhere and lots of things are shut down), but I did go for a walk today to get some pictures of the snow. And I have to admit, it is pretty. But, I'm a little concerned I may have to cancel my trip to Perugia this weekend because of the snow, so I'm actually hoping this storm doesn't materialize and we have class tomorrow. I know, I must be growing up if I'm not hoping for a snow day. Until then, I bought stuff for practicing my cooking skills. Last Friday, we learned how to make homemade pasta! I'll be trying to replicate it tonight.


Pictures from my walk:







Me with my handmade pasta sheet -- just slice, boil for two minutes, and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment